眾所周知,學英語的過程中,必不可少的一個步驟就是看英美劇。但是看了那么多部,尤其是美劇,比如《老友記》等,別人一直在捧腹大笑,你是不是總是卻丈二摸不著頭腦呢?可能你會覺得自己的英語學得不夠到家。不過這也充分說明了語言是文字和文化的有機結合,也一定程度上解釋了為什么看美劇get不到人家笑點的原因。一起來學習下英語中最最最最最經典的5種笑話吧
It's funny because cats don't wear diapers, yeah.
貓咪不穿尿布,這也太搞笑了。
Hey, everyone.
嗨,大家好。
I'm Alex.
我是Alex。
Thanks for clicking, and welcome to this lesson on " 5 Types of Jokes" .
感謝點擊,歡迎來到今天的課堂,這節課的主要內容是"五種類型的玩笑"。
So, specifically we're going to look at five types of English jokes that often play with word meanings.
所以,我們今天要學習五種類型的玩笑,它們有趣的地方就在于單詞的意思。
Now, if you're learning a language, learning jokes in that language is usually, like, one of the final barriers you have to punch through before you can claim to be, like, a full mastered speaker person thing in that language.
如果你正在學習一門語言,那么學習這門語言下的笑話就好像,是你必須穿越的最后一層障礙。然后你才可以自稱,完全掌握這門語言了。
So, today let's see if we can break through that barrier for you and with you so that you can learn five different styles of jokes in English.
所以,今天來看一下,我們是否可以幫助你跨越這層障礙,以便于能掌握五種不同類型的英語笑話。
Now, I'm not saying these are the only types of jokes.
要注意,我說的并不單單只是指不同類型的笑話本身。
Okay?
懂了嗎?
There are tons and tons and tons and tons of joke types in every language, but I'm going to look at five of the more common ones today.
每種語言都有許多不同類型的笑話,但是,我們今天只學習英語中五種最常見的笑話類型。
So, let's not waste any more time, and. . .
所以,就不要讓我們再浪費時間了……
Ready for it?
你們準備好了嗎?
Going to start with number one.
我們先來看到第一種類型。
All right.
好的。
What's the difference between X and Y?
X和Y有什么區別?
A very common joke type.
這是一個非常常見的笑話類型。
So, for example: What's the difference between mashed potatoes and pea soup?
例如,馬鈴薯泥和豌豆湯有什么區別呢?
You can mash potatoes, but you can't pea (pee) soup.
你可以壓土豆泥,但是你不能壓豌豆湯(尿出湯,pee和pea讀音相同)。
Did you like it?
你喜歡這個笑話嗎?
I liked it.
我十分喜歡。
I think it's really good.
我認為它相當不錯。
If you don't know the meaning of this joke, because you know, you're a non-native speaker.
如果你不能理解這個笑話的含義,那是因為你知道你不是一個以英語為母語的學習者。
" Pea" is a type of little vegetable.
"pea"可算作是一種蔬菜。
Bean?
"豆子嗎"
Is it a bean?
它是大豆嗎?
A lentil?
還是扁豆。
Something.
或者其他什么東西。
Anyway, something you can make soup with.
總而言之,它是一種你可以用來做湯的一種東西。
And mashed potatoes, so you can mash potatoes but you can't pee. . .
土豆泥,所以你可以壓土豆,但是不能尿出湯。
The other meaning of " pee" in this situation.
在這種情況下,是"pee"這個意思,不是"pea"。
Number two.
第二種笑話類型。
Okay,
好的,
So, for example: What does a banana have in common with a million dollars?
所以,例如:一根香蕉和一百萬美元有何相同之處?
They both have appeal (a peel).
它們都很有吸引力(有皮)(appeal讀音和a peel相同)。
Huh?
哈哈。
It's pretty good?
相當有趣。
Not bad?
一點也不差。
Okay.
好吧。
Let me explain it for you so you can, like, want to hurt me some more.
我給你解釋一下,可能解釋完你就更想要打我了。
So, a banana, peel.
所以,香蕉,有皮。
And if something has appeal, it means that it is attractive, like: " Hmm, I want a million dollars" . You get it now.
如果某物"appeal"的話,意味著這件物品很有吸引力,例如"我想要一百萬美元"而且你現在就得到了。
Let's just. . .
讓我們……
Let's just move on to number three.
讓我們看到第三種類型的笑話。
Okay, next: " What do you call a/an. . ." ? jokes.
接下來這種是:"你怎么讀a/an"這種笑話類型。
So, for example: What do you call a computer that sings?
例如:你怎么稱呼一臺會唱歌的電腦?
A Dell (Adele).
戴爾電腦(讀音與Adele相同。)
Yeah, I like it.
哈哈,我喜歡這類笑話。
I like it.
我喜歡。
I think you like this one, too.
我認為你也會同樣喜歡這個笑話。
Smiled just a bit, right?
稍微笑一點點,好吧。
If you don't know, Dell is a computer brand and Adele is a famous singer in the 2010 to 2012 period and maybe beyond.
如果你不知道,戴爾是一個電腦品牌,"Adele"是2010-2012年間的比較有名氣的歌手,那你就可能不能理解了。
Who knows?
誰曉得呢?
So let's just continue with number four.
所以。我們接著來看到第四種類型的笑話。
So, next we have the " Why" ? joke.
接下來,我們看到"why"類型的笑話。
So: " Why did" , " Why do" , " Why does" , " Why is" , " Why was" , " Why were" .
我們通常會用"why did""whh do""why does""why is""why was""why were".
For example: Why was the math book sad?
例如,為什么數學課本這么傷心?
Because it had too many problems.
因為它有許多問題。
Yeah, that's the reaction.
是的,這才是正確的反應嘛。
That's what I'm looking for.
這就是我期待的效果嘛。
That's what I want.
這就是我想要的笑聲嘛。
Okay, if you don't get this joke, math books have questions you have to answer, they have problems you have to figure out.
如果你并沒有理解這個笑話,你可以這樣理解,數學課本有許多你必須要去回答的問題,有許多問題你必須去計算。
They're just very emotional, emotional books.
他們就像是富有感情的書。
Too many problems. Okay?
太多問題了。對吧?
Whew.
呀咦。
You didn't like that one?
你不喜歡這個嗎?
Well, let's try for the last one, shall we?
好的,接下來讓我們看到最后一種笑話類型,好吧?
Number five.
第五種笑話類型。
Next and finally: Knock, knock jokes.
下一個也是最后一個就是:敲門笑話。
You didn't think I was going to do this video without talking about knock, knock jokes, did you?
你認為我錄制這個視頻不會講到"敲門笑話"嗎,不是嗎?
So, the general structure of a knock, knock joke goes like this: " Knock, knock" .
所以,最常見的敲門的笑話類型就是"敲門聲"。
And you say: " Who's there" ?
然后你說:"是誰呀?"
And in this case I'll say: " Lettuce" .
這種情況下,我就會說"Lettuce"。
And you say: " Lettuce who" ?
你就又會問到:"Lettuce 什么"?
And I say: " Hey. Let us in. It's cold out here" .
然后我會說:"嗨。讓我們進去,外面太冷了"。
You're smiling, I can see it.
你在大笑,我看到了。
I can feel it.
我能感受到。
Okay.
好了。
So, if you don't know, you can probably hear why this is funny.
如果你不知道,你可以來聽我說下,為什么這很有趣。
" Lettuce" sounds like " Let us" , so: " let us in. It's cold out here" .
"Lettuce" 的英文讀音與"Let us" 相似,所以意思是:"讓我們進去吧,這里太冷了"。
Did I just touch the mic?
我剛才是碰到麥克風了嗎?
I'm not sure.
我也并不確定。
Ah, it doesn't matter really, right, guys?
但是,朋友們,我們沒有必要講究字字精準,對吧。
All right, so let's review the jokes and we'll finish this for you.
好了,讓我們來回顧一下這個笑話,我會與你們一同來回顧。
All right.
好了。
That's it.
以上就是我們今天學到的。
All five jokes.
五種類型的笑話。
But we're going to review them one more time to maximize the pain.
但是,我們會再一次來回顧一下以此來加深你們印象。
Now, you can tell these to your friends, make them laugh, make them cry, or both.
現在,你們可以和你們的朋友們分享這些笑話,讓他們開心,或者讓他們哭,或者讓他們又笑又哭。
So let's go from the top.
來讓我們從頭看起。
What's the difference between mashed potatoes and pea soup?
第一種是土豆泥和豌豆湯有何區別?
You can mash potatoes, but you can't pee soup.
你可以壓土豆泥,但是你不能壓豌豆湯(尿出湯)。
Yeah.
好。
Number two: What does a banana have in common with a million dollars?
第二個是:香蕉和一百萬美元有個何相似之處?
They both have appeal (a peel).
他們都有吸引力(有皮)。(appeal 和a peal發音相似)
All right?
對吧。
Number three: What do you call a computer that sings?
第三種類型:你怎么稱呼一臺會唱歌的電腦?
A Dell (Adele).
戴爾電腦(A Dell與女歌手Adele讀音相似)。
Yes, yes.
對了,對了。
And number four: Why was the math book sad?
第四種笑話類型:為什么數學書這么的傷心?
Because it had too many problems.
因為它有太多的問題了。
And finally, I need your help on this one, so you say the parts that you're supposed to say.
最后一種是,這個問題我需要你們的幫助,你們說一部分,我說一部分。
-" Knock, knock" .
"咚咚咚。"
-" ____" ?
"誰在敲門?"
-" Lettuce" . -" ____" ?
"Lettuce"."Lettuce 什么"?
-" Let us in, it's cold out here" .
"讓我們進去吧,外邊太冷了。"
Yeah, beautiful.
耶,完美。
Okay, guys, if you enjoyed these jokes and you want to memorize them and test your understanding of them, as always you can check out the quiz on www. engvid. com.
好了,同志們,如果你喜歡這些笑話,你想去記一下這些笑話或者你想考考自己對這些笑話的理解,你可以和往常一樣,登錄www.engvid.com這個網站。
While you're on engVid you can also check out my other lessons on dad jokes and five common types of jokes.
在這上面,你同樣可以點擊我其他的課程,比如"dad jokes"和"five common type of jokes".
Not types of jokes.
不是笑話的類型哈。
I have another jokes video.
我還有另外一個有關笑話的視頻。
You'll see it attached to the video.
我放在了這個視頻的后面。
And if you have your own jokes and you want to make me laugh, I love terrible jokes, so please just leave them in the comments and, you know, make me laugh.
如果你也有你自己的笑話,你也想讓我開心一下,你知道的我喜歡糟糕的笑話,請把它們留言到評論區,然后就可以,讓我也哈哈大笑了。
Make yourselves laugh.
同時也可以讓你自己開心。
Make everybody else who's watching this video laugh right now.
同時也可以讓在看這個視頻的所有人開心。
And after you do that, don't forget: Check me out of Facebook and Twitter.